Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Promotional Tip

I managed to rant a while back about perseverance, and when, or if, it is too much.  Well, I do have a promotional tip which works pretty well in selling your book.  Check out the over-55 communities in your area.  These are the places where active seniors live independently but like to be in an atmosphere that offers activities.  These complexes usually have an activities director who is always looking for events for their residents.  I have found that they love to have authors come and speak about their book, the writing process, and how it was published.  Many are writing memoirs so really appreciate the opportunity to hear a writer talk about their experiences.  I've spoken to many such groups in my area and I always sell and sign books at the end.  I've also invested in book-size colorful gift bags and tissue and offer free gift wrapping if anyone wishes to buy a signed book for a gift.  This has gone over well too.   So, readers, look for those senior complexes in your area, contact the activities director, and sell yourself.  You should have a good reception.

2 comments:

  1. Jeanette ~ this is an excellent idea! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! I wouldn't have thought of it on my own, so any promo tip is helpful. :) Cheers, and nice to meet you through the John3:16 Network!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,

    Thank you for your nice comment. I wish you great luck with your book promotion. I do 4 to 6 presentations a month and am booked until June. I'm sure there's a great audience for you, too, and I'd love to hear your results.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews