Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Let's Write Right!

Most writers have pet peeves, and I have mine.  Long before texting made correct spelling and grammar a thing of the past, I had my own concerns about certain common mistakes.  During my working days I dictated many letters and reports, which various secretaries typed.  I carefully proofread them and seemed to always have a correction or two.  More than once I was asked if I had been an English teacher.  No, just someone who likes to see English used correctly.  For example, "your" shows possession, such as your house, your coat.  "You're" is a contraction of  "you are", such as, you're so nice.  How many times have I seen, "your so nice", or similar.  Too many.  I'm sure anyone reading this has not made that mistake, but just in case......    Anyway, I have more pet peeves, but I'll save them for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews