Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Sequel is Finished!

I've finally completed NO GOOD DEED, the sequel to my first book, NO STONE UNTURNED. I'm now doing the final editing. I say "final" but it seems every time I look at the manuscript I find something new to change, even if it's already been changed once or twice. I'm getting to the point of being satisfied with how it reads, and I've had someone else read it who has given me good, critical, feedback. I hope to see it published by June or July. A friend of mine has been "editing" her finished novel for over three years and is still at it, even though the professional editor she used has called it "spot on." Admittedly, she's fearful of the publication/promotion process that comes once the book is done. If she keeps on editing, she won't have to face it. I'm not looking forward to that process myself, but it's a necessary evil if you're a writer and want to see your work in print. Readers, how do you handle it? At what point do you say, 'my work is ready'?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews